How technology has taken leaps and bounds in recent years, devices that until now were more or less alien to this whole world, today can already be considered as purely technological products. This is the case of a smart coffee maker, which does the same as the normal ones, but with powers that make it a more advanced product.
That intelligence has reached the coffee pots It does not mean that we can now use them to browse the internet, for example, but it does mean that they will have other types of additions that will make them more effective devices than they were up to now.
If we are people who are enthusiastic about everything that has to do with technology and on top of that are passionate about good coffee, we are going to doubly enjoy this article that we have just prepared for you, in which we tell you everything that may interest you about the next generation coffee makers.
Let’s stop preambles and let’s get into the matter.
What are smart coffee machines
It is clear that when we talk about a smart device we are referring to one that can carry out certain tasks autonomously and that uses his own intelligence to do them correctly.
This is transferred to the world of coffee makers, since those that are considered intelligent are the same as the normal ones, but without the direct interaction of the user.
These types of devices are going to connect to our WiFi network or some others do it through Bluetooth.
The fact of being able to connect to the internet will give capabilities to the machine to pick up a certain information that could be useful for your own operationsuch as new recipes for coffeenew ways to perform them, updates to perform their task more efficiently or the fact that it can be controlled through voice assistants, among other things.
Functions that a smart coffee maker can have
As is normal, each model can come with more or less capabilities, depending on the range and price it has, just like smartphones or tablets.
All of the ones that we are going to discuss does not mean that they are brought by all the coffee makers on the market, although there may be models that come so complete that nothing of what we are going to tell you is missing.
Smart coffee machines can perform tasks such as:
- Can manage it remotelythat is, without us being in person at home.
- Possess memory systems to adapt to the tastes of each user.
- allow it to be can program at the time when a coffee is going to be made.
- Prepare different types of coffee depending on the wishes of the user.
- learn new recipes to make other types of coffees.
- Control the coffee maker by voicethanks to virtual assistants like Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant.
Philips 3200 Series
Types of smart coffee machines
Currently we can talk about four types of smart coffee makers, which are the same types that we can see in those that are normal, but are adapted to new technologies.
The 4 types are:
- From capsules: These types of machines are the easiest to use, since all we have to do is put the capsule in and the coffee will be made at a time when we want it. By being able to control them intelligently, all we have to do is send them from our mobile or using our voice when we want them to have the coffee ready for us.
- Drip: These types of machines are slower because they have to fill the jug that comes with them, in addition to having to heat the ground coffee that we have previously added. You can find some smart drip coffee makers that are capable of producing up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Express type: These types of machines are those that create an Italian-style coffee by making the coffee thanks to having previously put ground beans in it.
- Superautomatic: Finally, there are the super automatic coffee machines that are the most independent of all the types that we have just seen. The only thing we will have to do is fill with unground coffee in the tank at the top of the coffee maker and from there it is the one in charge of carrying out the entire task. That is to say, if we are arriving home and we want a coffee, using the smartphone application we would send it to them and the coffee maker itself would grind the beans at the moment, making the most authentic coffee of all.
Melitta Barista T Smart F831-101
What to look for when buying a smart coffee maker
Before buying a smart coffee maker, we must look at certain details to find out if it is the right one for us or we must look for another model.
We should always keep the following in mind:
- Size: This is an essential part to know if the place where we plan to place the coffee maker is going to fit us or if it is going to be excessively large. That is why you have to be clear about the measurements of the place where you are going to be and of the coffee maker itself that interests you.
- Compatibility: Since we are looking for smart coffee makers, we should always see how they connect to our mobile device, since they can do it via WiFi or Bluetooth, although we do not recommend the latter.
- Smart home integration: In addition to connecting with the mobile phone application, it would also be ideal for it to be compatible with our smart home system, either with devices compatible with Alexa, Siri or Google Assistant. It could also be convenient for it to be compatible with a home automation system, if we had one.
- Features: We should also analyze the different functionalities, of which we have spoken above, and see which of all of them are the ones that we consider to be the most important.
- Application: In this type of smart device, having a mobile application that is easy to use and that does not require an adaptation period to understand everything that it offers us, would be the best option.
- Design: The design part is already totally subjective to each user, but it is logical that we will always buy that smart coffee machine that we like the most for its appearance.
De’Longhi Perfetto Primadonna Soul ECAM612.55.SB
With everything you have been able to read, surely you are able to find, among all those on the market, the best smart coffee maker that adapts to everything you expect from a device of this type.
Now buying a smart coffee maker is no longer so complicated, since we have all the necessary data to know which one we want.